Think you have what it takes?
Looking for the best ab exercises? Here are the top 5 ab exercises to get your stomach absolutely shredded!
1. Toes to Bar: This exercise works more than just your core; it requires hip strength, excellent flexibility, and a strong grip on the bars.
2. Human Flag: Warning, this workout is not for the timid! During this exercise, your arms, back, abs, and shoulders are all working together to hold up your body, and it requires balance, coordination and brute strength to get it right.
3. Single-Side Bird Dog: You might see people doing the Bird Dog with opposite arms and legs, but doing it on the same side will give your core an incredible workout. Your core has to control the movement while also stabilizing your body as you raise your arm and leg. Up to 90% of people CAN’T do it!
4. Valslide Pushup: Ever seen one of those ab rollers at the gym or on TV? Well, this workout is similar, except on steroids! The slippery disk has far less grip than the handles of the Ab Roller. With the single-hand Valslide Push-up, it’s like doing a one-arm pushup while using the Ab Roller at the same time! Keeping your form correct is exceptionally hard; get ready for both your arms and core to be shaking like a leaf as you try to push back up.
5. Medicine Ball Hollow Body Hold: This hardcore workout is sometimes also referred to as the "V-Sit". For this workout, you need to hold your arms and legs a few inches from the floor THEN use a weighted medicine ball between your feet. The first part of this exercise is already very difficult, the medicine ball just doubles down on the difficulty. Even the strongest and most agile people will struggle to do it for more than 15 to 20 seconds at a time!
Regardless of what workout you choose, a ripped, toned core comes from a well regimented diet & exercise routine. And to stick to a good routine, the right supplementation goes a long way! Read about our Top Rated 5 Fat Burners of 2022.